As class actions emerge more rapidly in worldwide markets, GCG is not only poised to handle global settlements as they arise – we’re ahead of the game. GCG has successfully completed numerous complex cross-border and international securities, antitrust, consumer, bankruptcy, and restructuring administrations, including the implementation of publication programs in as many as 140 countries and 41 languages and the distribution of funds in 50 currencies. Our banking relationships are world-wide and we are proficient in electronic funds transfer.
GCG is regularly consulted to design and execute international notice programs, claims processing, and distributions. We have managed U.S. settlements with global range, in both settlements reached and blessed contemporaneously in U.S. courts, Canadian courts and courts abroad, and settlements reached solely overseas under the jurisdiction of a court in another country.
Our Canadian team, based in Waterloo, Ontario, has been operating since class action law came into existence in Canada, handling the majority of the largest and groundbreaking Canadian class action settlements and voluntary government redress programs to date. From consumer product recalls, to water contamination, blood transfusion infection, residential schools, institutional duty of care, and medical device defect cases, our team has earned the conﬁdence of the Canadian courts and the respect of counsel across the country.
- Created and staffed telephone hotlines accessible in over 100 countries staffed by operators speaking as many as 65 different languages
- Implemented publications programs in as many as 140 countries and 41 languages
- Mailed tens of millions of notices to class members around the globe
- Processed claims from hundreds of countries in dozens of languages
- Distributed funds in hundreds of countries in 50 currencies